Standing for the Historic Evangelical and Reformed Faith in a postmodern generation. We believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, Justification by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, the inerrancy and authority of the Bible alone for the glory of God alone.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Conscience of a Conservative



I am getting e-mails both for and against my recent post "Is George W. Bush the Worst President Ever?" Some have said I am absolutely right to question a President that led America into a war in Iraq that appears to be unjustifiable. Others say, as a Republican, I have no right to question the President.




For the record, I want to be clear that I am a conservative to the core. I am a lifer. I hate liberalism and will fight against political and theological liberalism for the rest of my life. I have been a conservative my entire life and those who know me, know that I am a hard core Conservative Evangelical and Republican.



With this current President, I am just calling into the question the legitimacy of this War in Iraq that is costing America billions of dollars every day and is making this administration one of biggest spending governments in America since FDR.

Part of my constitutional right as American is to be able to exercise my free speech, and today I am coming out publicly and saying that I believe the War in Iraq is indefensible. There were no WMD's and now American service men and women are dying in a War that makes no sense. Bush now needs a exit plan to get out of there.

Whether or not I support the War in Iraq does not determine if I am a true conservative, no less eminent conservative figure than William F. Buckley has said in the National Review that the War in Iraq is a mistake.



I am a conservative against the war, that's right, I am against this Iraq War and I say let's get out of there now! Yet, let's do it without bringing shame to America. Let's exit Iraq with dignity and honor, but, let's get the heck out of there.




Sincerely in Christ,
Ed Enochs
A Conservative with a Conscience



Labels: