Standing for the Historic Evangelical and Reformed Faith in a postmodern generation. We believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, Justification by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, the inerrancy and authority of the Bible alone for the glory of God alone.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Michigan Football, the BCS' Big Mistake and the Sovereignty of God



"...God works all things after the counsel of His will."

(Ephesians 1:11)

Yes, I am greatly disappointed that Michigan was left out of the BCS NCAA Football championship game. Yes, I believe that there should be a complete overhaul of the way the college game chooses its champions. I think there should be playoff format that allows the championship each year to be decided on the Field. I am disappointed that Michigan got left out of this years championship and the Florida got in instead. But in the end, Michigan ended up in this position because they did not take care of business on the Field. If Michigan beat Ohio State in its final game, it would not be left crying about being left out of the BCS game in Glendale Arizona. Ultimately God is sovereign and did not allow Michigan to be in the game for His own sovereign purposes. I'll let God be God and save my tears for something more important. I wish Michigan would have one, but they didn't, and I am OK with that within the overall scheme of God's sovereign control of the universe. Soon we will be either in heaven or hell for eternity, so we have more important things to be concerned about in the eternal perspective.